School Environment Programme
Our school’s environment programme promotes active and responsible citizenry by involving our students in recycling and environment-related activities in school and within our community. Our school is committed to the green initiatives as we believe this programme will instil good habits and values in Peirceans.
Resilient Achievers, Responsible Citizens (RARC)
School Environment Mission
A thinking and caring Peircean who shows compassion towards our community and our environment.
- Increase awareness amongst Peirceans regarding existing environmental issues (e.g. the harmful effects of using plastic) and the importance of reducing carbon footprint in our everyday lives.
- Encourage active participation within and beyond our school community in practicing the 3Rs (Reduce food waste, Reuse materials & Recycle) by infusing environmental themes into the school’s VIA programme.
- Assembly Talks and Year Head Talks on Environmental Issues
- Recycling Awareness Campaigns
Recycling bins in school compound for collection of plastic bottles
Part of a Science lesson on proper disposal of plastic bottles
- Caring our school garden
- Neighbourhood Newspaper Collection with Thomson Sin Ming Court RC
- Environment-themed VIA Projects
In a VIA project on Composting, students collect organic waste from the school canteen fruit stall for composting