DSA Exercise 2022
DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION EXERCISE 2022
(For Secondary One Intake in 2023)
A. Distinctive Programmes
Peirce Secondary School is providing experiences with the focus on:
The Uniformed Groups (UGs) in Peirce Secondary is an important part of the Peircean community where the total membership forms almost a fifth of the student population. Vibrant and energetic, we see Uniformed Groups as one of our pillars of character development and leadership education at Peirce. They provide experiences for all-round holistic development of Peirceans to achieve our vision of ‘Resilient Learners, Gracious Citizens’.
Currently there are four uniformed groups in the school:
- National Cadet Corps (Land) - Boys
- National Police Cadet Corps
- St John Brigade
We are proud of the growth and development of our Uniformed Groups which have consistently attained good achievements all these years.
We are looking for students who can contribute to building our Learning for Life Programme (LLP) in character and leadership development through the Uniformed Groups. Students who wish to be part of the Peircean experience should apply via the 2022 Direct School Admission Exercise.
A student leader in primary school, preferably in a Uniformed Group (although other co-curricular leadership experiences may be considered).
- Physical Fitness
Is medically fit to participate in PE programme and outdoor activities.
A disciplined and confident student with a conduct grade of at least ‘Very Good’ in his/her Primary 5 and Primary 6 school reports.
II. Deepening Reflection and Developing Critical Thinking Through Media
We are looking for enthusiastic P6 students who:
- possess accomplishments in media, such as, videos, podcasts, presentations, publications and/or other related skills and competencies;
- demonstrate keen interest in current affairs, both local and global.
Shortlisted candidates will attend an in-person interview and be assessed on their experiences of the above as well as confidence and quality in oral presentation.
B. Application Procedures
Below are some information on the centralised application process.
- You may submit your application through the online DSA-Sec Portal from 5 May 2022, 11am to 1 June 2022, 3pm.
For more details, please refer to MOE website – moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec
- It is free-of-charge.
- Accessing the DSA Portal
Students can indicate up to three choices (maximum of two choices for the same school under two different talent areas). In choosing DSA schools, parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the school’s academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
C. Selection Details
- The school will contact short listed candidates by Tuesday 12 July 2022.
- Short-listed candidates will attend an interview and a selection trial on Tuesday 26 July 2022, at 3.30 p.m.
- All short-listed candidates will be informed of the result of their application (confirmation of DSA offer / placement on DSA waiting list / unsuccessful application) via email by Tuesday 23 August 2022
- Do note that meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted or given an offer.