School Environment Programme
Our school’s environment programme promotes active and responsible citizenship by involving our students in recycling and environment-related activities in school and within our community. Our school is committed to this Green clause as we believe this programme will instill good habits and values in Peirceans.
Resilient Achievers, Responsible Citizens (RARC)
School Environment Mission
A thinking and caring Peircean who shows compassion towards our community and our environment.
- Increase the awareness amongst Peirceans regarding current/existing environmental issues (e.g. the harmful effects of using plastic bags) and the importance of using less plastic bags in our everyday lives.
- Encourage active participation within our school community in practicing the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse & Recycle) as well as energy conservation.
- Be Proactive
- Begin with the end in mind
- Think Win-win
Key Events in 2017
- Keep Peirce Clean Programme from January to May
- PUB Water Rationing Exercise on 21 March
- Intra-School Newspaper Collection as part of Youth for Environment (YED) Celebration on 10 April
- ABC Water Trail @ Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park (for all Sec 1 Classes) on 22 May
- Biodiversity Week (Green Way) Celebration on 25 May
- Neighbourhood Newspaper Collection with Thomson Sin Ming Court RC on 27 May
- Environment Champion (EC) Workshop for 3 selected Sec 1 pupils on 31 May & 1 June
- Assembly Talk on "Keeping our waters clean" by Waterways watch society on 22 August